Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Qatar Airways has been running a flash sale for the past few days in which it has been encouraging customers to book flights using its mobile app. The flash sale is offering bonus miles and a 10% discount on Qatar Airways flights worldwide but there are less than two days left to book.
- Campaign period: 06 August 2020 to 12 August 2020
- Travel period: 06 August 2020 until 31 March 2021. All travel must be completed on or before by 31 March 2021
- Blackout Period: 10 December 2020 – 10 January 2021. Additional blackout dates apply, please review at the time of booking.
- Discounts will be applied only when using the promotional code on the mobile application by entering “QRAPP” before making a flight search.
- The discount is applicable only when using the mobile promo code on the Qatar Airways mobile App.
- The promotional code is only valid on flights listed under the following categories:
- Economy Class “Promo” – W, O, T, Q
- Economy Class “Saver” – S, N.
- Business Class “Promo” – I, R.
- First Class “Promo” – A.
- The discount applies to Economy and/or Business Class one-way, return & multi-city flights, where Business Class is not operated, First Class is applicable.
- Discount does not apply to taxes, surcharges, or any other standard market surcharges.
- New bookings will receive 1,000 bonus Qmiles when following the rules outlined above and may be earned more than once.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
There are two key aspects to this promotion that make it particularly worthwhile. Firstly, the promotion is available for travel taken through 31 March next year so there’s no pressure for anyone to travel before the end of 2020 (British Airways could learn from this) and, secondly, the promotion is valid on Qatar Airways’ best fares – its “Promo” fares.
Qatar Airways Business Class Promo fares often offer some of the very best airline deals around (I’ve used them to fly between Europe and Asia for under $1,600 round trip on multiple occasions) so the opportunity to get a further 10% discount on these fares is a very nice bonus…and a bonus I have to admit that I wasn’t expecting to see. Often, when an airline issues a promo code such as this one, one of the key terms of the deal is that the cheapest fares are excluded. In this case, the tables are reversed and only the better deals can be discounted further while the more expensive fares miss out.
Qatar Airways offers one of the best Business Class products in the world and its soft product in Economy Class is better than most, so the chance to get a 10% discount on some of the airline’s best fares isn’t one to be missed if you’re planning to travel between now and the end of March next year. The promo ends tomorrow, 12 August, so you don’t much time left to book if you want to make the most of this deal.