Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
UPDATE: Some or All of the offer(s) mentioned in this post have now expired
Since the middle of April, the World of Hyatt credit card has been offering an improved welcome offer which includes twice as many elite night credits as the card ordinarily offers. As with all good things, this offer is coming to an end and anyone interested in getting the World of Hyatt card has until 30 June to be approved if they want to make the most of the current welcome offer.
Here’s what you need to know about the World of Hyatt credit card:
World Of Hyatt Credit Card
- Earn 25,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn a further 25,000 bonus points after you spend a further $3,000 within 6 months of account opening.
Note: The World of Hyatt credit card is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
- 4 points/dollar at Hyatt properties worldwide
- 2 points/dollar at restaurants worldwide
- 2 points/dollar on airfare booked directly with airlines
- 2 points/dollar on local transit and commuting spending
- 2 points/dollar at fitness clubs and gyms
- 1 point/dollar on all other spending
What Makes This Card Great
The card offers the following:
- World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as you hold the card
- 5 elite night credits every year
- The ability for the cardholder to earn 2 elite night credits for every $5,000 spent on the World of Hyatt credit card (this has been raised to 3 elite nights for every $5,000 spent through 30 June 2020) – offer expired
- A free night certificate valid at Category 1 – 4 properties on the card anniversary every year
- The chance to earn a bonus free night certificate valid at Category 1 – 4 properties when you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
- The World of Hyatt credit card doesn’t charge foreign transaction fees
Note: The 5 elite night credits will appear in a new cardholder’s World of Hyatt account within 8 weeks of account opening.
Essentially, if you’re a fan of the World of Hyatt program and Hyatt’s properties this is a card you should almost certainly have in your portfolio.
It can improve all Hyatt stays courtesy of the elite status it bestows on cardholders (late check-outs, room upgrades, bonus points on all stays, etc…), it offers a free night at a Category 1-4 property every year (which should easily cover the annual fee), it makes the higher tiers of Hyatt status easier to reach courtesy of the elite night credits the card offers (you can spend your way to top-tier status if you really want to!) and no other credit card offers as many points/dollar at Hyatt properties than this one.
Why Do Elite Nights Matter In 2020
Note: the extra 5 elite night offer expired on 30 June 2020.
Hyatt has already extended all elite statuses for another year but the bonus elite nights on offer (through 30 June) still matter if you’re chasing one of Hyatt’s Milestone Rewards.
These are Hyatt’s Milestone Rewards…
…and even though they’re also earned by accumulating elite night credits, they’re completely separate from Hyatt elite status. So, even though elite statuses have been extended for a further year, anyone with their eyes on a milestone award will currently still be at the same point in the earning process as they were shortly after they last earned an elite night credit…and that may have been months ago.
The 10 elite night credits offered by the World of Hyatt credit card’s welcome offer could be enough to push a traveler over the threshold for one of the milestone awards or it may give them a big enough boost to allow them to trigger an award with just one or two Hyatt stays later in the year.
Put another way, if you want the elite night credits you’ve earned this year to count for anything, you’re going to have to earn a milestone award…and this card will give you a very nice boost to reaching that goal.
The World of Hyatt credit card is a must-have card for anyone who stays at Hyatt properties with any frequency or anyone who is considering abandoning another hotel chain for Hyatt (Marriott Bonvoy members should take note!)
With that in mind, and if the elite night earnings that the card is currently offering are of interest to you, don’t wait around for too long because you only have until 30 June before this offer is pulled. I have no idea what the welcome offer will look like come July but it may well not include a bonus like this one.