Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Southwest is currently running a promotion in which it’s offering up to 5,000 bonus points as an incentive for people to sign up to its loyalty program (Rapid Rewards) and fly a couple of roundtrip flights. If you’re not a Rapid Rewards member already and were planning to make the most of some of the good fares that Southwest is currently offering, this may be an easy path to 5,000 points.
How The Promotion Works
- Enroll in Rapid Rewards between 1 April and 31 May 2021
- After enrolling, book your first round trip or two one-way qualifying flights for travel before 31 May 2021 to earn 3,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points.
- Book and fly a second round trip or two more one-way qualifying flights before 31 May 2021 and earn an additional 2,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points.
- To be eligible for this promotion, you may not be a current Rapid Rewards member, you will need to enroll in Rapid Rewards, and you will need to provide your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of booking.
- Once you complete and submit the enrollment form, you will be automatically registered for this promotion if all eligibility requirements are met. T
- Qualifying flight(s) must be booked through Southwest Airlines during the Promotional Period for travel during the Promotional Period.
- Member’s flight(s) must be completed during the Promotional Period.
- Member’s Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking to earn the 3,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points for the first round trip or two one-way flights.
- To earn the additional 2,000 Rapid Rewards points, Member must book and fly additional qualifying flight(s) during the Promotional Period.
- If a Member books and flies more than two round trips or four one-way flights during the Promotional Period, Member will still receive only a total of 5,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points.
- A qualifying flight is two one-way revenue flights on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections, or a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal.
- Travel booked or flown prior to enrollment in Rapid Rewards is not eligible for this Rapid Rewards bonus points offer.
- Member will receive bonus Rapid Rewards points within four weeks after completion of entire ticket.
- Charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacation Packages, and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the enrollment page.
Southwest Rapid Rewards is offering a new member sign-up bonus of up to 5,000 points through 31 May 2021. Considering the airline is bound to have attracted some new customers courtesy of the new routes that it has been announcing (see here and here), and considering that the airline frequently offers fares from $29 one-way, this could well be a very popular promotion.