Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
American Express is currently offering select holders of its Hilton Honors co-branded credit cards a bonus for spending made through the end of February next year. Up to 10,000 bonus points are on the table and as you’ll see below, they can be a nice added bonus if you’re earning them organically.
Earn 1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $500 in eligible purchases on your Hilton Honors American Express Card through 2/28/2023, up to 10,000 Points.
- Enrollment is required to participate.
- Offer to enroll is available to eligible Basic Card Members and Additional Card Members who hold a Hilton Honors American Express Card, limited to 1 enrolled Card per Card Account.
- If you have multiple eligible Cards, only one Hilton Honors American Express Card can be enrolled to participate and only purchases made on that enrolled Card Account will count towards the Threshold Amount.
- Starting from the date of enrollment through February 28, 2023 (“Purchase Period”), the Basic Card Member on an enrolled Card Account will earn 1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points each time $500 in eligible purchases (“Threshold Amount”) is made on their enrolled Card Account, up to a maximum of 10,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points.
- Eligible purchases made by both the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Member(s) on the enrolled Card Account will count towards the Threshold Amount.
- Eligible purchases completed prior to enrollment will not count towards the Threshold Amount.
- Eligible purchases are for goods and services minus returns and other credits.
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases of reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents.
- Hilton Honors Bonus Points will be posted to your Hilton Honors account 8-12 weeks after you reach the Threshold Amount.
- The Hilton Honors Bonus Points you may earn during the Purchase Period as part of this offer are in addition to any other Hilton Honors Bonus Points you may get from using your Card.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the offer (assuming that you have been targeted).
If you’ve been targeted for this offer you should see it sitting among your other Amex offers looking like this:
There’s nothing complicated about this deal – Amex is offering targeted cardholders 1,000 bonus points for every $500 spent and that can be viewed as an extra 2 points/dollar (up to a cap of 10,000 points) on all spending put on a targeted (and enrolled) Hilton co-branded card.
Yes, strictly speaking, it’s not really 2 bonus points per dollar because the bonus is only paid out when a $500 spending target is met (you won’t earn any bonus points on the first $499 of spending or the spending made in between $500 thresholds) but let’s not get too pedantic here – a cardholder who has their eyes focused on earning this bonus will, effectively, get an extra 2 points/dollar.
That’s quite a nice deal regardless of what categories the spending is being made in but it will be an especially nice boost for anyone who has an upcoming Hilton stay.
Targeted cardholders who use their card to pay for Hilton stays during the promotion period can now, effectively, earn up to 9, 14, or 16 points per dollar* on up to $5,000 of spending made on those stays (terms apply), and as those are just the earnings from the credit cards and as that doesn’t include the points that Hilton Honors will add in as well, that’s pretty impressive.
Also, keep in mind that this bonus doesn’t affect any other promotions or offers that cardholders may have access to so not only will this deal stack with other Amex offers…
…but it will also stack with the current Hilton end-of-year promotion which is offering double points on all stays (made within the promotion period) and an extra 2,000 bonus points on stays with check-out days between Monday and Friday.
*Hilton Honors American Express Card/Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card/Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
Note: All information about the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card are not currently available through Traveling For Miles.
if you hold an American Express Hilton Honors co-branded credit card, now would be a good time to check your Amex offers as you may have been targeted for an offer that will allow you to earn up to 10,000 bonus points on spending made by 28 February 2023.