Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
If you don’t feel like taking part in the current (and very good) Alaska Mileage Plan flash sale which is running through Sunday, you may be interested to know that you can earn an unusually large number of miles for shopping with Apple today.
Alaska Mileage Plan’s shopping portal is currently running an offer in which most purchases made at Apple will earn you 8 Alaska Mileage Plan Miles per dollar spent.
Here’s what you need to know about this deal:
- Valid today, 26 June 2019, only.
- Products not eligible for rewards are:
- Gift cards
- Gift wrap
- Bose products
- Apple Developer Programs
- Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale.
- Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents.
- Purchases made with a gift card may be ineligible.
What’s nice to see here (and this is probably due to the time of the year) is that none of Apple’s products appear to be excluded from this promotion. Quite often we see new (new-ish) iPhones and Macs excluded from these kinds of offers but that’s not the case here.
Earn 500 Bonus Miles
The Alaska Mileage Plan is also running a promotion in which shoppers can earn a further 500 Alaska Mileage Plan miles for making purchases through its shopping portal.
Here’s what you need to know about this offer:
- Ends today, 26 June 2019.
- A one-time bonus of 500 Mileage Plan miles can be earned for making qualifying purchases through the Mileage Plan shopping mall.
- A minimum spend of $200 is required to trigger the bonus
- The $200 does not have to be spent in one purchase. Cumulative purchases will count towards this promotion.
- Returns, cancelations, shipping charges, gift card (or other cash equivalent purchases) and certain other products will not trigger the bonus.
See full details on the Alaska Mileage Plan shopping portal.
Alaska Mileage Plan miles are among the most valuable miles around and 8 miles/dollar is one of the best earning rates I recall seeing for purchases made with Apple so, combined, this is pretty good news.
Add to that the fact that it’s not exactly difficult to spend $200 (or more) when purchasing Apple products and the deal gets even better…albeit only by a little.
Featured image courtesy of Apple Inc.