Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Overnight, American Express has been targeting select cardholders for a new offer which gives them the opportunity to earn 25,000 Membership Rewards points when booking through ANA in the next ~5 weeks. If you value Amex points at a similar price point to me, that represents a potentially fantastic rebate.
Spend $1,000 and earn 25,000 bonus points with ANA
Get 25,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more purchases online at fly-ana.com by 3/10/2024.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards).
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with All Nippon Airways through U.S. website fly-ana.com, All Nippon Airways U.S. App, and U.S. reservation telephone line: 1-800-235-9262.
- Flights must originate in the U.S., including U.S. territories.
- Offer valid only for purchases where All Nippon Airways is the merchant of record, such as airfare, fare upgrades, seat selection fees and baggage fees.
- Excludes the following: (i) in-flight purchases of WiFi, entertainment, or phone service, (ii) standalone hotel bookings and car rentals, (iii) purchases through third parties or affiliated agents, (iv) code share flights or ANA flights operated by partner airlines, (v) duty free shopping and orders, (vi) travel insurance/trip protection, Mobile Rental Service, and Bid My Price.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 3/10/2024, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
- Limit of 25,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
A bit of good news is that multiple purchases totaling $1,000 or more will trigger this offer so you don’t have to spend the whole amount in one transaction … although given the cost of flights right now, I’d be surprised if it took more than one transaction to trigger this offer.
The less good news is the fact that you only have a little over 5 weeks to trigger this offer and for people who are yet to start planning their trips, that may not feel like the biggest of windows.
Keep in mind that you don’t actually have to fly by 10 March 2024 to trigger this offer, you just have to have paid for your fare(s) by then – so this deal should cover flights into January 2025 so, I guess, that’s also a bit good news.
Personally, I value Membership Rewards points at 1.5 cents each (based on the value I know that I can get out of them with relative ease), and that values this offer at a very impressive $375.
Happily, I have this offer targeted to all of my Membership Rewards cards including card_name which offers me 5 points/dollar on up to $500,000 of spending made directly with airlines or on flights booked through Amex Travel (1 point/dollar thereafter – terms apply) and for me, that represents a further rebate of 7.5%.
That’s probably enough of an incentive to prompt me to check if I can find any good deals for a trip later this year.
For anyone who doesn’t have card_name, the next best card to see this targeted to would probably be the American Express® Green Card which offers 3 points/dollar on most travel purchases (terms apply), and if you don’t have one of those, card_name may be your last good option with the 2 points/dollar that it offers on up to $50,000 of spending every year (1 point/dollar thereafter – terms apply).
Keep in mind that although I can’t see it on any of my non-Membership Rewards cards, there’s a chance that Amex is running a parallel offer in which it’s offering a $250 rebate on $1,000 of spending with ANA, so if cash back is better for you than points, make sure you check all of your cards carefully before loading the offer.
Note: All information about the American Express® Green Card has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. The American Express® Green Card is not currently available through Traveling For Miles.
If you’re considering booking a transpacific trip in the next few weeks (for travel as far into the future as December or even January 2025), log into your Amex account and check to see if you have been targeted for an offer that would earn you 25,000 bonus Amex points on just $1,000 of spending with ANA.