Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Ok, in the grand scheme of things this isn’t exactly a super-generous promotion and it’s certainly not going to get people rushing to book new trips, but if you’re going to be flying with Alaska Airlines & American Airlines between May and December you may as well pick up the easy miles that are on offer.
Alaska Mileage Plan Promotion
As promotions go, this one is remarkably simple:
- Register by 30 April (this Friday) – here
- Book and fly 2 segments on Alaska Airlines
- Book and fly 2 segments on American Airlines
- Earn 2,000 bonus miles if your flights take place between 15 May and 15 September 2021.
- Registration must take place prior to the first qualifying flight.
- Eligible members will receive 2,000 bonus Mileage Plan miles after completing two qualifying flight segments operated by Alaska Airlines and marketed by Alaska Airlines or American Airlines, and two qualifying flight segments operated by American Airlines and marketed by Alaska Airlines or American Airlines between 15 May and 15 September 2021.
- This is a one-time-only bonus and a member can earn a maximum of 2,000 bonus miles with this promotion.
- To qualify, each flight must be eligible to earn Mileage Plan miles and must be credited to your Mileage Plan account (if booking on American’s website, select Alaska’s loyalty program and input your Mileage Plan number for the flight to qualify).
- Not valid on free or award travel.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
While the miles on offer aren’t worth all that much, if you’ve booked to fly with Alaska Airlines and American Airlines (or even if you think that there’s a chance that you may fly with both airlines) you may as well register for this promotion – there’s nothing to lose.
No doubt some people will be disappointed that award bookings don’t count towards the 4 segments required, but it’s nice to see that there’s nothing in the terms and conditions that says that existing bookings are excluded so anyone who already has plans to travel between May and September (with these airlines) should be able to pick up the bonus points with no effort at all.
The only small downside here is that (for obvious reasons) all 4 segments have to be credited to Alaska’s Mileage Plan program so anyone looking to earn American Airlines elite qualifying credits will have to forgo those if they want the bonus miles.
Alaska Airlines is offering 2,000 bonus miles to flyers who credit two American Airlines and two Alaska Airlines segments to their Mileage Plan account between 15 May and 15 September 2021.