Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Hyatt has been offering a 500 point bonus/night to World of Hyatt members who stay at the newest properties in its portfolio for some time, but the hotelier has now (temporarily) doubled that offer to 1,000 points in honor of the opening of its 1,000th property – the Alila Napa Valley.
- Earn 1,000 Bonus Points for every qualifying night at participating new hotels.
- World of Hyatt members must check out between 1 April and 30 June 2021* to qualify.
- No registration required.
- The promotion will revert to offering 500 bonus points/night from 1 July 2021.
*This end date only applies to the newest properties to join the Hyatt portfolio, other properties have end dates of between 30 April and 31 May 2021.
I value World of Hyatt points at 1.4 cents each so I equate a 1,000 point/night bonus to a rebate of $14/night. On the more expensive properties this may not make much of a difference but as there are quite a few properties in this list that can be booked for under $150/night, a $14/night effective rebate is definitely worth having.
Keep in mind that this promotion will dovetail nicely with the current Hyatt Bonus Journeys promotion which runs through 15 June and which is offering all World of Hyatt members 2,000 bonus points for every 2 qualifying nights and holders of the World of Hyatt credit card (review) a further 500 bonus points for every 2 qualifying nights.
A World of Hyatt credit card holder making a 2-night stay at a participating property (see below) would earn 2,000 bonus points from the new property promotion and a further 2,500 bonus points from the Bonus Journeys promotion for a total of 4,500 points (an effective rebate of $63). That’s in addition to the regular points earned from a Hyatt stay, the bonus points for being a World of Hyatt elite member, and the points earned by using the World of Hyatt credit card to make a booking.
Combining Hyatt promotions and the World of Hyatt card can really help the points add up right now.
Offer Available Through 30 June 2021 (16 Properties)
- Alila Napa Valley
- Hyatt Regency Malta
- Hyatt Place Charlotte / University Research Park
- Hyatt Centric Beale Street Memphis
- Hyatt House Atlanta / Perimeter Center
- Hyatt Place Scottsdale – North
- Hyatt House North Scottsdale
- Hyatt Place Fayetteville / Springdale
- Hyatt House The Woodlands / Shenandoah
- Hyatt House LAX / Century Blvd
- Hyatt Centric San Salvador
- Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas
- Hyatt Place Austin / Lake Travis / Four Points
- Hyatt Place Ottawa – West
- Hyatt Place LAX / Century Blvd
- Hyatt House Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area
Offer Available Through 31 May 2021 (11 Properties)
- Hyatt Place Fort Worth / TCU
- Hyatt Place Evansville / Downtown
- Hyatt House Portland / Beaverton
- El Capitan Hotel – Merced, California
- Hyatt House Tallahassee Capitol – University
- Thompson San Antonio
- Hyatt Place Tampa Downtown
- Hyatt House Tampa Downtown
- Hyatt House Nashville Airport
- The Langbo Chengdu
- Hyatt Regency Brisbane
Offer Available Through 30 April 2021 (6 Properties)
- Park Central San Francisco
- Grand Hyatt Al Khobar Hotel and Residences
- Hyatt Regency Ningbo Hangzhou Bay
- Hyatt Place Houston / Downtown
- Hyatt House Tampa Airport / Westshore
- Hyatt Regency Phnom Penh
Starting from 1 April, Hyatt will be offering 1,000 bonus points per night for stays made at some of the newest properties in its portfolio. The promotion runs through to 30 June but not all 33 participating properties will be offering the full 1,000 points all the way to the end of June, so make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully before making any bookings.
Featured image: Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas courtesy of Hyatt