Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Hyatt has just announced a new promotion in conjunction with American Airlines in which all members of American’s frequent flyer program can earn a bonus of 1,000 AAdvantage miles per qualifying stay at over 190 participating Hyatt hotels in cities across the U.S. this winter.
- Register by 15 December 2021
- Stay between 1 November 2021 and 31 January 2022
- Earn 1,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles at participating properties in the United States.
- There is no cap on the number of AAdvantage Miles that can be earned in this promotion
Note: Hyatt has said that participating cities include Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York City, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. so it’s possible that Hyatt properties outside of these cities are not participating. It’s unclear. Anyone considering a booking at a Hyatt outside of these cities and who cares about earning these bonus miles should check with their property of choice before booking.
- You must be a World of Hyatt member, an AAdvantage member, and register for the offer between October 14, 2021 and December 15, 2021 to participate.
- Offer valid for eligible stays between November 1, 2021 and January 31, 2022 at participating Hyatt properties.
- Offer not valid at Small Luxury Hotels of the World (“SLH”) properties.
- All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance.
- Guest must enter a valid AAdvantage membership number at the time of registration and pay an Eligible Rate.
- Members will receive 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per eligible stay during the Offer Period.
- Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this offer, regardless of the number of rooms paid under the same account number.
- Member must choose either World of Hyatt Base Points or AAdvantage miles as their base earning. If a member selects to earn World of Hyatt Base Points at check-in, the member will receive 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per stay in addition to World of Hyatt Base Points earned. If the member chooses to earn AAdvantage miles at check-in, they will receive the ongoing benefit of 500 AAdvantage base miles in addition to the 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per stay as part of the offer during the Offer Period.
- Bonus miles will be credited to AAdvantage accounts 3-4 weeks after travel
- Offer blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, Platinum Pro, and Executive Platinum members already earn one AAdvantage mile for every eligible dollar spent on qualifying Hyatt stays and experiences and this promotion just adds to that.
I value American Airlines Miles at 1.25 cents each so, effectively, this promotion is offering targeted travelers an added rebate of $12.50 per stay for all eligible bookings in the US.
On its own, this probably isn’t going to be enough to make someone leap into action and make some previously unplanned bookings or to change any existing bookings, but it will be a nice bonus to add on to whatever end-of-year global promotion Hyatt eventually publishes.
If you’ve linked your World of Hyatt and American Airlines AAdvantage accounts you will be able to earn 1,000 bonus AAdvantage Miles on every stay made at participating World of Hyatt properties through 31 January 2022. While not an earth-shattering promotion like some Hyatt promotions we’ve seen in the past year, this promotion is still effectively offering free miles for those of us who were planning on making a few stays anyway, and free miles are always very welcome.
Featured image: Alila Napa Valley courtesy of Hyatt