Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
I’m not sure what’s going on at Hyatt HQ but we’re seeing promotion after promotion coming out of Chicago right now. This latest promotion is offering guests 1,000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage Miles for every qualifying night spent at select Hyatt resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Earn 1,000 AAdvantage Bonus Miles per qualifying night at participating Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico.
- Stay between 11 November 2020 and 4 April 2021.
- Bonus miles are offered in addition to any World of Hyatt points or AAdvantage Miles that a stay would ordinarily earn.
Note: Members do not need to have their World of Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts linked in order to participate. However, they must enter a valid AAdvantage membership number at the time of registration.
- You must be a World of Hyatt member and an American Airlines AAdvantage member.
- Participants must register by 4 April 2021
- Offer valid for qualifying stays between 11 November 2020 and 4 April 2021
- Offer valid at participating Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara hotels.
- Guests must enter a valid AAdvantage membership number at the time of registration and pay an Eligible Rate.
- Members will receive 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per qualifying night during the Offer Period.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this offer, regardless of the number of rooms paid under the same account number.
- Member must choose either World of Hyatt Base Points or AAdvantage miles as their base earning. If a member selects to earn World of Hyatt Base Points at check-in, the member will receive 1,000 bonus miles per night in addition to World of Hyatt Base Points earned. If a member chooses to earn AAdvantage miles at check-in, they will receive the ongoing benefit of 500 AAdvantage miles per stay in addition to the 1,000 bonus miles per night as part of the Offer during the Offer Period.
- A maximum of 30,000 AAdvantage bonus miles may be earned under this offer.
- Accounts will be credited with the bonus AAdvantage Miles 6-8 weeks after travel.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion registration page.
I value AAdvantage miles at 1.25 cents each so, effectively and by my valuation, this promotion is offering a rebate of $12.50 per eligible night. That’s a very nice rebate to get if you’re considering a trip to Mexico or the Caribbean.
On its own, this may not be a promotion that’s going to get a lot of people reconsidering their plans, but when you view it alongside Hyatt’s year-end promotion there could be a big temptation to book with Hyatt as opposed to any other chain. Stays at all World of Hyatt properties are currently earing guests triple points through 4 January 2021, and holders of the World of Hyatt credit card can earn quadruple points on resort stays through 4 January 2021 (that includes Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara properties) so there’s actually a lot on offer here.
At the top end, a World of Hyatt Globalist member with a World of Hyatt credit card who stays at a Hyatt Ziva or Hyatt Zilara resort during the year-end promotion will earn an amazing 25.5 World of Hyatt points per dollar as well as 1,000 AAdvantage Miles per night. If they’ve linked their Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts and if they were targeted for the recent bonus miles offer, they’ll also earn a further 3 AAdvantage Miles per dollar spent on their Hyatt stay.
That’s a lot of effective rebates going on there!
Hyatt has just launched a new promotion in which it’s offering its guests 1,000 bonus AAdvantage miles per eligible night consumed at Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara properties by 4 April 2021. Registration is required so, even if you don’t think you’ll be able to make the most of this you should make sure you register anyway. As I always seem to say, you never know when your plans may change and it would be a shame to miss out on a stack of miles just because you didn’t 30 seconds out of your day to register.
Featured image: Hyatt Zilara Cancun courtesy of Hyatt