Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Hyatt appears to be continuing its trend of offering holders of its credit cards (it now has two again) special promotions that aren’t open to other World of Hyatt members. This time the offer is for double Tier-Qualifying nights at Andaz properties for most of what remains of this year and that could make it remarkably easy for a lot of people to lock in top-tier Globalist status for next year.
From today, 20 October, through 23 December 2021, holders of the World of Hyatt Credit Card (review) and holders of the recently launched World of Hyatt Business Credit Card (launch info) can boost their progress to the next tier of World of Hyatt elite status by receiving two Tier-Qualifying night credits for each eligible night stayed at any Andaz property around the world.
- You must be a World of Hyatt credit card holder and register for the promotion between October 20, 2021 and December 23, 2021 to participate.
- All eligible nights under this promotion at Andaz properties must have a checkout date from October 20, 2021 through December 23, 2021.
- Each eligible night completed at Andaz properties during the Promotion Period will count as two (2) nights, instead of one (1), for the purpose of tier qualification for Discoverist, Explorist and Globalist status.
- The extra night credit will also count towards benefits and awards that explicitly require a certain number of qualifying nights.
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “Eligible Night” is defined as any night where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks from the last day of the calendar month of your stay, for World of Hyatt Tier-Qualifying Night credits to be added to your World of Hyatt account.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page
There are two pieces of very good news in the promotion’s terms and conditions…
- Reward nights will count for double in this promotion
- The bonus elite nights will count towards Hyatt’s milestone targets
…which will make this a very tempting promotion for some people.
There’s one very obvious piece of not-so-good news as well: The promotion is only valid at Andaz properties and there are only 25 Andaz properties open worldwide and not all of them are in locations that are welcoming visitors right now.
Still, as most World of Hyatt cardholders almost certainly live in the United States, the 11 properties in the Americas and the 4 properties in Europe should be enough for most people to be getting on with.
Much more importantly, keep in mind that the World of Hyatt is operating with significantly reduced elite status targets right now…
- Discoverist status requires 5 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 12,500 Base Points
- Explorist status requires 15 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 25,000 Base Points
- Globalist status requires 30 Tier-Qualifying Nights or 50,000 Base Points
…so even if you’re a Hyatt cardholder with just the 5 Tier-Qualifying nights that the consumer World of Hyatt card gave you, you can do amazingly well out of this promotion.
- 5 nights spent at one or more Andaz properties will give you enough Tier-Qualifying nights for Explorist status
- 8 nights spent at one or more Andaz properties will give you enough Tier-Qualifying nights for Explorist status and 2 Club Lounge Access Awards
- 13 nights at one or more Andaz properties will give you enough Tier-Qualifying nights for top-tier Globalist status, 4 Club Lounge Access Awards*, and a Category 1-4 Free Night Award.
*You won’t need the lounge access awards once you earn Globalist status so I’m only mentioning them for completeness.
Admittedly, Andaz properties don’t usually come cheap, so booking 13 nights to earn Globalist status from scratch is probably going to require a significant outlay unless you can mix in some rewards nights in there too.
However, the fact is that in reality, most people reading this post and who are interested in this promotion will probably already have a few Tier-Qualifying nights locked in (on top of the 5 nights that the Hyatt consumer credit card offers) so for them, Globalist Status should be relatively easy and not painfully expensive to earn.
Personally, I already have over 60 Tier-Qualifying nights in my account but I’m tempted by the idea of enjoying 4 nights at the hugely popular Andaz in Costa Rica and locking in another Suite Upgrade Award in the process – I’ll have to check what the nightly rates look like.
Hyatt has just launched a new promotion for holders of the World of Hyatt Credit Card and holders of the new World of Hyatt Business Credit Card in which it’s offering them double elite night credits for every night they stay at Andaz properties worldwide. With only 25 Andaz properties open worldwide this won’t be a promotion that all cardholders will find easy to exploit, but those who can make the most of it will have a relatively straightforward path to top-tier status and some valuable Milestones Rewards.