Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
Last week, American Express published a new Marriott Bonvoy offer that was targeted at select holders of its consumer cards, and now it’s back with a new and similar targeted Bonvoy offer for holders of its business cards. This latest offer is valid through 13 October and could save targeted cardholders up to 20% on their next Marriott stay.
Spend $250 and get $50 back at Marriott
Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Business Card to spend a minimum of $250 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean from 7/19/2022 to 10/13/2022.
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Business Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy App, or by calling 1-888-236-2427.
- Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Grand Residence Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, Vistana Signature Network and Vistana Residence Network.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy® points.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Marriott Bonvoy® property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Business Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $250 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Card Member Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/13/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
If you’re considering booking a Bonvoy stay within North America or the Caribbean that will be completed before the middle of October, this is a nice offer to be targeted for. A $50 discount on $250 of spending is a solid 20% rebate and although a lot of people will no doubt exceed that spending target, someone taking the time to research prices and who’s not looking to book Marriott’s higher-end properties should be able to get very close to that level of rebate.
Before you book make sure you’ve read through all the terms and conditions carefully as there are a few things that could trip people up:
- Bookings at properties outside North America, the US Territories, and the Caribbean will not trigger this rebate.
- Bookings at Marriott Vacation Club properties and Design Hotel properties (and a few others) will not trigger this statement credit.
- Bookings with Marriott’s Homes & Villas program will not trigger this statement credit although is are a separate Amex offer for villa bookings running in parallel to this one (link)
- The $250 spending requirement will have to be reached in one stay as there’s nothing in the terms and conditions to suggest that the $250 can be earned cumulatively across more than one stay.
- The Amex card to which you load this offer must be charged $250 (or more) by 13 October 2022 for this offer to be triggered.
As far as the Amex credit cards go, this offer is only being targeted to Amex business cards so, with a bit of luck, holders of the Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (review) will see this deal in their accounts and will be able to pair it with the 6 Bonvoy Points/dollar that the Bonvoy Business card offers on all eligible spending made with Marriott (terms apply).
If you haven’t been targeted for this offer on your Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card or if you don’t hold that card, other good options would include the Blue Business® Plus credit card from American Express (review) which offers 2 points/dollar on all eligible spending (on up to $50,000 per year – terms apply) and the Blue Business Cash™ Card from American Express which offers 2% cash back on all eligible spending (on up to $50,000 per year – terms apply).
American Express is now targeting select holders of its business cards for $50 of savings when they spend a minimum of $250 at participating Marriott properties in North America and the Caribbean by 13 October 2022. With a wide array of properties to choose from, this should be an easy offer to lock in for anyone considering making a stay with Marriott in the next few months.
Featured image: Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino