Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express is currently targeting cardholders for a very good deal for spending at Dell and if you’re fortunate enough to have this offer targeted to the right Amex card, the savings on offer could be excellent.
Get $100 Back For Spending $500 With Dell
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500 in one or more transactions online at Dell.com by 4/30/2021.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid online only at dell.com US website, through the merchant mobile app or via phone at 1-877-350-0204.
- Valid only for purchases made directly with the merchant. Transactions through third party payment processors are excluded.
- Excludes all e-gift card and gift card purchases, international transactions, international contact center, Global events, Dell Financial services, Dell Outlet for Home, Dell Outlet for Work, Dell PartnerDirect, Dell Premier, Dell Premier Connect, Dell Premier Select, and authorized retailers.
- Not valid on purchases shipped outside the US, Puerto Rico, USVI and Guam.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/30/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
Using The Right Cards For This Offer
There are a variety of cards on which you’ll probably find this offer but there are two cards in particular that will return the better deals if you’ve been fortunate enough to have this offer targeted to them.
American Express Blue Business Plus Card
The Blue Business Plus credit card from American Express offers 2 points/dollar on all spending up to $50,000/year so, assuming you can load this offer on to this card, you’ll earn $100 cash back and a minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards Points with the Blue Business Plus credit card (review) as long as you spend $500+ with Dell (assuming you haven’t already spent $50,000 on this card).
Business Platinum Card From American Express
The Business Platinum Card from American Express only earns 1 point/dollar on spending made with Dell but it also offers two $100 Dell credits every year (one for use between January and June and the other for use between July and December) so this should be stackable with the offer highlighted in this post.
$200 back and at least 500 Membership Rewards Points on spending that can be as low as $500 is a fantastic deal.
Personally, I’m seeing this offer on all my Amex cards except for my Blue Business Plus Card so there’s a chance that this is offer is only being targeted to consumer cards – your mileage may vary with this offer.
Earn/Save More With Portals
The offer says that purchases have to be made through Dell.com and, fortunately, Dell.com is a partner with a host of shopping portals.
Clicking through any of these portals will earn you miles, points, or cash back in addition to whatever earnings you get directly from American Express (don’t forget that the 2% back from Rakuten can be earned as 2 Membership Rewards points per dollar which would boost your MR earnings even more).
Also, although not shown in the portals above, TopCashback.com is currently offering a 4% rebate at Dell.com.
Amex is currently targeting cardholders for a saving of $100 on $500 of spending made at Dell.com. On its own, that’s a pretty good deal, but stacked with a portal rebate it looks even better (I’d probably take the 4% cash back from TopCashback), and if you’re fortunate enough to see the offer targeted to your Business Platinum Card and you still have your $100 Dell credit intact, things look very good indeed.
Have you been targeted for this offer and, if you have, on which cards are you seeing it?