Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Radisson has brought back a promotion that it ran in the last quarter of 2021 and is offering a rebate on award nights booked in the next nine days. This time around the rebate on offer isn’t quite as generous as the 25% rebate that we saw last year, but by Radisson promotion standards this is still a pretty good deal.
- Registration is required (here) and must be completed prior to check-out of the Eligible Stay.
- The 20% points back (“Rebate”) Award Night Offer only applies to redemption night (hotel room) stays, at all categories of hotels (“Eligible Stay”) within the Promotion Period and does not apply to other reward options such as Points + Cash room night redemptions.
- All reservations must be booked and consumed within the “Promotion Period” (the Booking Period and Stay Period combined) using Radisson Rewards points (redemptions).
- Reservations must be made between January 11 – 20, 2021 (“Booking Period”) at https://www.radissonhotels.com, for Award Night stays at hotels in Categories 1 through 7.
- Eligible Stay(s) must arrive and depart between January 11 – April 18, 2021 (“Stay Period”).
- Any adjustments to Eligible Stays made after the Booking Period will be ineligible to earn the discount/rebate.
- Members must have the full amount of points in their account at the time of purchase.
- Members will receive a rebate of 20% of the points redeemed within 10 business days after the member has completed their stay. Point rebates for stays at hotels in Brazil will be awarded after the conclusion of the Stay Period.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
An important point to keep in mind before your start planning a stay is that this deal is for a 20% rebate and not a 20% discount. Had this offer been for a 20% discount, someone with just 56,000 points in their account could have booked a property that normally costs 70,000 points/night. As it is (and because this is an offer for a rebate), anyone wishing to book a property costing 70,000 points must already have that number of points in their account – 14,000 points will be rebated within 10 business days of their stay.
If you’re short of points, it may be worth considering the current Radisson Rewards points sale in which points are being sold at a cost 0.47 cents each.
Overall, this is a very nice deal because, if you take a look at the Radisson Rewards award chart…
…you’ll see that it brings the cost of a top-tier property down to just 6,000 points more than the standard cost of a Category 6 property and the cost of a Category 6 property to under the standard cost of a Category 5 property. After rebates, this is what you can expect to pay:
- Category 7 – 56,000 points/night
- Category 6 – 40,000 points/night
- Category 5 – 35,200 points/night
- Category 4 – 30,400 points/night
- Category 3 – 22,400 points/night
- Category 2 – 12,000 points/night
- Category 1 – 7,200 points/night
Even during these challenging times (when hotel prices are suppressed) these award night costs can offer pretty good value. If you have points in your account you’re clearly already in a very good position but even if you have to buy points at 0.47 cents each, that would still only see you paying $262.20 per night for Radisson’s best properties (including all taxes and fees) and that’s a good rate if you’re booking at busier times of the year.
Radisson is offering a 20% rebate on all award bookings made by 20 January for stays through 18 April. The only aspect of this promotion that’s disappointing is the fact that the travel dates are quite restrictive but if you can work within those, this could represent a pretty good deal.
Will you be booking an award stay with Radisson while this promotion is running?