Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Ok, so this isn’t exactly a travel topic or even a “miles and points” topic, but with so many people ordering takeout and using food delivery services right now, and with a variety of Chase credit cards offering complimentary DashPass memberships, I thought that it may be useful to highlight an offer that appears to be open to all DashPass members.
What Is DoorDash DashPass?
DashPass is a DoorDash membership that ordinarily costs $9.99/month and which offers subscribers free deliveries on orders over $12 and lower service fees (DoorDash says that subscribers “save on average $4-$5 per order).
Which Chase Cards Offer DashPass Membership?
- The Chase Sapphire Reserve Card ($550/year) offers the primary cardholder and all authorized users a minimum of 12 months of complimentary DashPass based on the first activation date when the subscription is activated with a Chase Sapphire Preferred card by 12/31/2021. Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders also get a $60 statement credit for DoorDash purchases made in 2021.
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (review) ($95/year) offers the primary cardholder and all authorized users a minimum of 12 months of complimentary DashPass based on the first activation date when the subscription is activated with a Chase Sapphire Preferred card by 12/31/2021.
- The Chase Freedom Flex Card (review) (no annual fee) offers the primary cardholder a complimentary 3-month DashPass based on the first activation date when the subscription is activated by 12/31/2021.
- The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card (review) (no annual fee) offers the primary cardholder a complimentary 3-month DashPass based on the first activation date when the subscription is activated by 12/31/2021.
To the best of my knowledge, these are the only credit cards currently offering complimentary DashPass memberships but if you know of any others, let me know in the comments and I’ll add them to the list.
Earn 5% Back in DoorDash Credit on Eligible Pickup Orders
How do I earn credit back?
As a current DashPass subscriber who has this benefit available in your DoorDash account, you can earn 5% back in DoorDash credit by following the below steps:
- Order Pickup from a DashPass restaurant and you’ll earn 5% credit back unless another promo code is applied to that order.
- In your cart, you’ll see how much credit you’re getting back, based on the order subtotal. If you don’t, tap Promo Code and select ‘DashPass Pickup Benefit’.
- After your Pickup is complete, your DoorDash credit will be added to your account and automatically applied to your next order.
How do I redeem my DoorDash credit? Can I save them and apply them toward a future purchase?
- No, DoorDash credit cannot be accrued.
- DoorDash credit in your account will be automatically applied to the next Delivery or Pickup order that you place on DoorDash.
Does credit that I earn expire?
- Currently, DoorDash credit earned through this DashPass Pickup Benefit does not expire.
Can I combine this benefit to earn credit back with another promo?
- No, you cannot redeem the code to earn credit back on an eligible Pickup order if another promotion, offer, or discount is applied to that order. However, you can apply the available credit balance as a payment method while also redeeming another promo code on the same order.
When will I get my credit back?
- We’ll deposit credit into your account once your order is marked complete, which may take up to an hour in some cases.
How do I know how much credit I have in my account?
- You can find your available credit balance in the same place you manage other payment methods by tapping ‘Payment’ in your ‘Account’ tab.
From what I’ve seen, this 5% rebate on eligible pickup orders is being offered to everyone with a DashPass account (everyone I know who has an account is seeing this rebate) so if you hold one of the Chase cards that I listed earlier, have signed up for DashPass, and your DashPass is still valid (only a consideration for Chase Freedom Flex and Chase Freedom Unlimited cardholders at this point), this is an easy 5% rebate that should be open to you.
DoorDash is currently offering a 5% rebate to DashPass members who choose to pick up their orders (rather than have them delivered) and who order from an establishment participating in DashPass.