Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Citi has brought back a nice set of offers for stays at IHG properties that we last saw back in August. Targeted cardholders can save between $20 and $50 on $100 or $200 of spending at ten IHG brands in the US and US territories so if you’re planning an IHG stay before 30 November, these offers could be very useful.
These are the offers I’m seeing in my Citi account:
- Save $20 after spending $100 at Holiday Inn Express properties
- Save $20 after spending $100 at Holiday Inn properties
- Save $20 after spending $100 at Holiday Inn Resorts
- Save $20 after spending $100 at Staybridge Suites properties
- Save $20 after spending $100 at Candlewood Suites properties
- Save $20 after spending $100 at EVEN properties
- Save $50 after spending $200 at InterContinental properties
- Save $50 after spending $200 at Kimpton properties
- Save $50 after spending $200 at Hotel Indigo properties
- Save $50 after spending $200 at Crowne Plaza properties
- Earn $20 or $50 back when you spend $100 or $200
- Only Citi Mastercard credit cards are eligible
- Limit 1 enrolled card and 1 statement credit per cardmember*
- Offer only valid for properties in the United States and US territories
- Reservations have to be made directly through IHG (here)
- For bookings that will be paid for upon check-out at the hotel property, the stay must be completed by the offer end date.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges through 30 November 2021
*This refers to the individual offers so a cardmember can enroll for all of these offers but can only use each offer once.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the targeted offer.
Ok, yes, the savings on offer here aren’t exactly spectacular and the offers are only valid through 30 November, but they represent a very easy way for a lot of people to save on their next IHG booking.
A key thing to note is that these offers appear to be targeted to multiple Citi cards (I’m seeing this on my Citi Double Cash Card (review) and my Citi Premier Card) so be careful to load any offers that you plan to use on to a card that will offer you the best return for travel/hotel spending.
If you happen to have an IHG Rewards credit card, it may be worth asking the hotel to split your bill so that you spend just enough on your Citi card to trigger the statement credit and then have the rest of your spending go on your IHG Rewards Club Premier Card (review) which should earn you a good number of points.
If you’re booking a Kimpton or InterContinental stay, check to see if you’ve also been targeted for the current relevant Amex offer for those brands. Having the front desk spit your charges between a Citi card that has been targeted for this offer and a card targeted for the Amex offer could make a great stay remarkably cheap.
How To Find Your Citi Offers
Citi offers continue not to be available on the bank’s desktop site (if they’re there I can’t find them!) so the Citi Mobile App is where you need to look.
1 – Open up the app and tap on “services” (which you should see at the very bottom of the screen).
2 – On the “services” page, tap on “products & offers”
3 – At the bottom of the page that should have now opened up, tap merchant offers…
…and any offers that you have been targeted for should appear (you can scroll between your Citi cards at the top of this page).
Citi is targeting select cards and cardholders for savings at a variety of IHG brands in the United States. There are ten separate offers for ten different IHG brands and as the spending required to trigger these offers is modest, the savings on offer should be relatively easy to lock in.
Featured image: Kimpton Glover Park Washington D.C. courtesy of IHG