Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
If you hold a Citi Credit card and are planning on doing any spending in the week that covers Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday, Citi wants to give you 5% back on up to $500 of online purchases that you make in that period.
- This offer starts on 11/24/2020, or the date you enroll, whichever is later, and will end on 11/30/2020.
- Earnings associated with this offer will equal 5% back of online purchases, which will be posted as statement credit(s) to the primary cardmember’s account in 1-2 billing cycles.
- You can earn a total of $25 in statement credit(s).
- The merchant must tag your purchase as having been made online to earn the reward.
- Please also note – purchases made through mobile/wireless technology may not earn the reward depending on how the technology is set up to process the purchase.
- Balance transfers, cash advances, checks that access your Card Account, items returned for credit, unauthorized charges, interest and account fees, traveler’s checks, foreign currency purchases, money orders, wire transfers (and similar cash-like transactions), lottery tickets, gaming chips (and similar betting transactions), Citi Flex Loans and the creation of Citi Flex Pays, are not purchases.
- All purchases must be made during the promotional period.
- You must have an eligible Citi credit card with an open account as of 10/23/2020 to qualify for this offer.
- Citi-branded consumer and small business credit cards are eligible for this offer except for Corporate, Professional, Debit, Retail cards (including, but not limited to, Best Buy, Macy’s, Home Depot, L.L. Bean, Shell, Sears) as well as authorized users of the Costco Anywhere Visa® consumer and small business cards and CitiBusiness®/ AAdvantage® Platinum Select card.
Full terms and conditions are on the promotion page.
There don’t seem to be any onerous terms and conditions attached to this offer and with cards like the Citi Double Cash Card, the Costco Anywhere Citi Visa Card, and the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard all included in this offer, there should be a lot of people who can make the most of this promotion.
To participate, you’ll have to enroll each of your cards separately and this can be done by starting from the promotion page and using the “sign on now” button. If your card isn’t eligible for the promotion you’ll see a screen like this…
…but if your card is eligible, the screen will look like this:
If you have multiple cards, be sure to check each card to see if you are eligible for the offer by navigating to the ‘Select a card’ drop-down located on the top of the Offers for You page.
This offer should stack well with any other offers that Citi may have targeted you for (like this one) so you may well be able to earn more than one bonus on whatever online spending you do between 24 and 30 November 2020.
Personally, I’ll probably use my Citi Double Cash Card for the first $500 of shopping that I do through Amazon in the promotion period before reverting to using Amazon gift cards that I’ve bought through office supply stores with my Chase Ink Business Card for the rest of my Amazon spending.
A significant number of Citi personal and Business credit cards are currently offering a 5% statement credit on up to $500 of online spending made between 24 and 30 November 2020. With more people than ever expected to do most of their Black Friday shopping online this year, this seems to be a great way for a lot of Citi card holders to earn an easy $25 on spending they were planning to do anyway.