Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Updated 5 January 2021: Amex has confirmed that there are up to 400,000 bonus Membership Rewards Points available courtesy of this offer.
Amex is on a roll right now. A little earlier I wrote about a monthly $30 PayPal credit that has been added to the personal Platinum Card (for a limited time), this morning I wrote about the excellent offers that a lot of Platinum Card holders have been targeted for, and now we’re seeing Business Platinum Card holders being targeted for a great offer too.
Big tip-of-the-hat to Frequent Miler for this news.
Earn a bonus of 4 points/dollar (for a total of 5 points/dollar), up to a maximum of 80,000 bonus points (per category), for all spending made on your Business Platinum Card in the following categories through 30 June 2021:
- Office Supplies
Key Condition: The offer is only open to cardholders whose Business Platinum account were open and in good standing cardholders prior to 1 November 2020.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Must first add offer to Card and then use the same Card to redeem.
- Offer to enroll is only available to eligible U.S.- issued Business Platinum and Business Centurion American Express Cards who are Basic Card Members or Additional Card Members prior to November 1, 2020.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards).
- Basic Card Members and Additional Card Members must separately enroll an eligible Card.
- Offer valid for eligible purchases made with U.S. gas stations.
- Eligible purchases do not include online purchases, marina fuel, and any type of commercial fuel (e.g.- jet fuel).
- “Gas station” means a merchant that is primarily in the business of selling gasoline to consumers. A gas station may sell other convenience items, but its primary business must be selling gasoline to consumers.
- The following are NOT considered gas stations: superstores, supermarkets, and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline.
- You may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party.
- You will receive 4 additional Membership Rewards points for a total of 5 points per eligible dollar spent using your enrolled American Express Card in accordance with the terms of this offer.
- Limit of 80,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member.
- Any additional points you receive through this offer are in addition to the points you would normally receive for purchases charged to your Card, but the number of additional points you receive will be based on the purchase price after any credit or other discount is applied.
- Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 6/30/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
Full terms and conditions (which you should read carefully) can be found alongside the offer in your Business Platinum Card account assuming that you have been targeted.
With a maximum of 80,000 bonus points on offer in each category, there is an effective spending cap of $20,000 for each of the five categories…but that shouldn’t be an issue for most.
As I value Membership Rewards Points at 1.5 cents each (based on the value I know that I can get out of them without much effort), I see this offer as effectively offering a bonus rebate of 6 cents/dollar (6%) on all qualifying transactions up to a maximum bonus rebate of $1,200 per category ($6,000 in total)
As these earnings are in addition to the standard 1 point/dollar that the Business Platinum Card offers in all of these categories, the total earns on offer here at 5 points/dollar (up to $20,000 of spending) or an effective rebate of 7.5%…and that’s pretty good going.
Also, it’s worth noting that all transactions of $5,000 or more earn 1.5 points/dollar on the Business Platinum Card so any cardholder who happens to have a large bill/invoice to pay in one or more of the qualifying categories may be able to earn an impressive 5.5 points/dollar or an effective rebate of 8.25%.
if you hold a Business Platinum card and have had it (in good standing) for at least the past two months you should find that you have been targeted for the offer outlines above. Make sure you load it to your account as soon as possible and don’t forget that it runs out at the end of June.