Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Amex cardholders are being targeted for a new but niche offer for savings at IHG’s EVEN Hotels brand. With only 11 EVEN hotels currently available in the United States this isn’t going to be an offer to excite the whole country, but if you’ll planning a break and there’s an EVEN Hotel in your chosen destination, the savings here could be worthwhile.
Spend $200 And Get $50 Back At EVEN Hotels
Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200 in one or more transactions on room rate and room charges when you pay for your stay at EVEN Hotels from 11/6/2020 to 12/31/2020.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid for stays at EVEN Hotels properties in the US. Reservations must be made online at evenhotels.com, by using the mobile app or by calling 855-879-3836.
- Excludes international locations and all other IHG brands.
- Not valid on hotel amenities or purchases of gift cards.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
Full terms and conditions can be found alongside the targeted offer.
EVEN Hotels Now Open In The US
I couldn’t find a definitive list of EVEN Hotels worldwide (I don’t think there are more than 15) but this IHG page appears to indicate that the following 11 hotels are currently available in the US:
- EVEN Hotels Miami Airport
- EVEN Hotels Pittsburgh Downtown
- EVEN Hotels New York Times Square South
- EVEN Hotels Norwalk
- EVEN Hotels Rockville Washington DC Area
- EVEN Hotels Omaha Downtown Old Market
- EVEN Hotels Brooklyn
- EVEN Hotels New York Midtown East
- EVEN Hotels Sarasota Lakewood Ranch
- EVEN Hotels Eugene
- EVEN Hotels Seattle Downtown Lake Union
I’ve chosen to load this card on to my Blue Business Plus card from American Express because it hasn’t been targeted to any of my other cards that offer a bonus for travel or hotel spending (the 2 points/dollar that the Blue Business Plus card offers me is a better return than I’ll get on any other card). If you’ve been targeted for this offer you’ll hopefully have it targeted to a card like the Amex Green Card which will earn you, amongst other bonuses, 3 points/dollar on travel.
As far as the offer itself goes, the rebate is great but the fact that it’s only useable at 11 properties in the whole of the United States and the fact that it’s only valid through the end of the year, makes it considerably less useable for most people.
If you plan on making the most of this offer in the next few weeks, don’t forget that IHG Rewards is running a year-end promotion in which guests can earn unlimited double points and in which IHG Rewards Club credit card holders can earn an easy 10,000 bonus points. If you haven’t signed up for that promotion yet, make sure you do so via this page before you make your stay.
Amex has released a targeted offer in which travelers can earn a rebate of up to 25% on stays made at EVEN Hotels properties through the end of the year. If you’ve been targeted for this offer (I suspect most cardholders will see this in their accounts), make sure you save it to the card that will earn you the most points for your stay.
Featured Image: EVEN Hotels Omaha Downtown Old Market courtesy of IHG