Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
I haven’t seen an Amex offer that covers Hilton stays for quite a few weeks so it’s good to see that Amex is finally back with an offer for Hilton loyalists. This targeted offer features three of Hilton’s higher-end brands and as it runs through to the end of the year, there’s plenty of time for cardholders to lock in the savings on offer.
Spend $500 & get $100 back at three Hilton brands
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $500 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating Hilton properties from 9/19/2022 to 12/31/2022.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid for stays at participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts and LXR Hotels & Resorts in China, Germany, France, Scotland, Italy, Netherlands, Japan, Singapore, Mexico and the US. Please reference americanexpress.com/hiltonusamexoffer to view participating properties.
- Reservations for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts must be made online at waldorfastoria.com, via the Hilton Honors App, or by calling 1-800-925-3673. Reservations for Conrad Hotels & Resorts must be made online at conradhotels.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-266-7237. Reservations for LXR Hotels & Resorts must be made online at lxrhotels.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-214-6722.
- Excludes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Tempo by Hilton, Canopy by Hilton, Signia Hilton, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Motto by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton, and Hilton Grand Vacations.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $500 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
There’s good and bad news within the offer terms.
The first bit of good news is that the spending required to trigger the rebate doesn’t need to be made in a single transaction so there’s no pressing need for a cardholder to hit the $500 target with a single booking.
The second bit of good news is that this offer is valid for spending made through the end of the year so if you’re planning a Hilton stay around Thanksgiving or the end-of-year holidays this offer could come in very useful.
The first bit of bad news is that this offer is restricted to Waldorf, Conrad, and LXR properties in just 10 countries (admittedly, this is better than a lot of Amex offers which are restricted to just the US).
The second bit of bad news is that it doesn’t look like this offer is being widely targeted to Amex’s Hilton Honors cards. Some people may be lucky enough to have this targeted to a Hilton card but I’m not seeing it on my Surpass Card and others I know with Hilton co-branded cards aren’t seeing this offer on their cards either.
Keep in mind, however, that you don’t have to put all of your room and room charge spending on your targeted Amex card to trigger this offer – just $500.
If you haven’t been targeted for this offer on a Hilton co-branded credit card you should be able to ask the property you’re staying at to split the cost of your stay between your targeted card and your Hilton credit card so that you don’t miss out more Hilton Honors points then you have to.
Overall, it’s good to see this offer being made available to targeted cardholders and if you’re considering a valid Waldorf, Conrad, or LXR stay before the end of the year you should check your American Express accounts to see if you have the offer waiting for you – $500 isn’t hard to spend at Hilton’s higher-end properties so anyone staying at a participating location should be able to trigger the statement credit with ease.
Amex has launched a new targeted offer for stays made at Waldorf, Conrad, and LXR properties through the end of the year. Make sure you read the terms and conditions of your targeted offer carefully before making any bookings (some room rates will not trigger the rebate) and if you don’t have this offer targeted to a Hilton co-branded credit card, make sure you add the offer to a credit card that will earn you bonus points for travel/hotel stays to ensure that you maximize your earnings.
Have any readers had this offer targeted to an Amex Hilton co-branded card?