Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Building on the great offers that we’ve recently seen launched for the Platinum Card, the Business Platinum Card, and a variety of other business cards, American Express has just launched a new offer for stays at Hyatt properties in the United States.
Spend $300 With Hyatt & Get $60 Back
Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300 in one or more transactions, on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts from 1/15/2021 to 3/15/2021.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at all participating Hyatt hotels and resorts in the US and U.S. territories, including those under the brands Park Hyatt, Miraval, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Andaz, Thompson Hotels, Hyatt Centric, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Destination Hotels, Joie de Vivre, Caption by Hyatt or Alila.
- Reservations must be made directly via Hyatt.com, the World of Hyatt mobile app, the hotel directly or a Hyatt call center.
- Excludes the Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco, gift card purchases, World of Hyatt point purchases, bookings made through Hyatt Travel, Hyatt vacations, or MGM.
- Offer not valid on Exhale Spa, Hyatt Residence Club and Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 3/15/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
It has been almost five months since I’ve seen a Hyatt deal appear under my Amex offers so it was a nice surprise to see this one when I logged into my account a few moments ago. Unlike the last Hyatt offer that I was targeted for, this offer is appearing on 2 out of the 3 cards that I’d expect to see it on (it’s unlikely to appear on my Marriott or Hilton cards!) so that may indicate that this offer is more widely targeted than the last one.
Most people aren’t doing very much traveling right now but a staycation at a nearby property could make for a nice break and with Hyatt still offering 3x/4x points and double elite night credits on stays through the end of February, this promotion may have come at just the right time for some people.
Be aware that the terms and conditions of this promotion exclude SLH properties so it’s only true Hyatt properties (Park Hyatt, Andaz, Grand Hyatt, etc…) that will trigger the $60 rebate, and don’t overlook the fact that this Amex Offer only applies to properties in the US and US Territories.
A nice bonus here is that the $300 of spending required to trigger the rebate doesn’t have to be made in a single transaction – the offer clearly refers to “one or more transactions” -so there’s every possibility that someone will be able to use this offer to reduce the cost of more than just one stay.
Note: It’s worth checking to see if any of your Chase cards have offers for a rebate at Hyatt properties too.
Amex is now targeting cardholders with an offer to save $60 on $300 of spending at Hyatt properties in the US and US territories. Combining this offer with the promotions that Hyatt is already running could see an Amex cardholder booking a very nice stay at a nicely discounted price.
Let me know if you’ve been targeted for this offer as it would be interesting to see just how widely or narrowly the targeting for this offer is.