Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express has been targeting its cardholders for a number of Amazon offers this year and although this latest offer could be considered its weakest so far, it still an offer that most people should be able to use with relative ease.
Save Up To 10% At Amazon.com With Amex
Get a $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $100 in one or more transactions online at Amazon.com by 11/8/2020. Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $20).
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid only for purchases made at Amazon.com and via the US Amazon mobile app using your enrolled American Express Card after enrollment and prior to 11/8/2020.
- Excludes corporate gift card and custom-designed gift card purchases. Not valid at international sites owned and/or operated by Amazon or websites affiliated with/linked to/from Amazon.com.
- Offer not valid for Amazon Go, Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, or Amazon Drive.
- Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $20 back) per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 11/8/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
I’m only seeing this offer on one of my five American Express cards and that’s a little unusual so it’s possible that this is a highly targeted offer. It’s also worth noting that I’m seeing this offer targeted to my Hilton Honors Surpass credit card and not on any of my Membership Rewards cards so there’s a chance that there’s also a parallel offer available (one which I haven’t been targeted for) that offers 1,000 Membership Rewards Points for spending $100 at Amazon.com – make sure you check all of your Amex cards carefully.
$10 back on $100 of spending isn’t exactly a big deal, but considering gift cards don’t appear to be excluded from this offer and considering how many everyday items Amazon.com sells, I view an offer like this as essentially free money. I wouldn’t have to go out of my way to trigger this offer and I wouldn’t have to buy anything I wouldn’t otherwise buy either so, for most, this will probably be a small but very useful promotion.
If you’ve been targeted for this offer on multiple cards make sure you save it to the card which will give you the best return on your spending (don’t save it to the first card you see it on). Personally, I would have preferred to have this offer targeted to my Blue Business Plus credit card which earns me 2 Membership Rewards Points per dollar on all spending (up to $50k per year) but, as it is, I’ll settle for 3 Hilton Points/dollar from my Surpass card.
Amex is targeting select card holders for an offer of up to $20 back on $200 of spending at Amazon.com. The offer may be very tightly targeted so make sure you check all of your cards carefully and keep an eye out for a possible parallel offer where up to 2,000 Membership Rewards Points are available instead of $20.
Has anyone been targeted for a Membership Rewards version of this offer or is everyone only being targeted for a saving of up to $20?