Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
We’ve seen a number of very good deals from American Express of late and on top of the fantastic offer for Air France/KLM bookings and the great offer on AT&T Business purchases (both of which are still available to cardholders who have been targeted) we now have a very nice discount available on bookings made with Cathay Pacific.
Details In Brief
Get a one-time $300 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,500+ in one or more transactions online at cathaypacific.com or via Cathay Pacific Airways app by 11/24/2019. See terms for exclusions.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with Cathay Pacific Airways through U.S. cathaypacific.com or via Cathay Pacific Airways App.
- Offer valid only for purchases where Cathay Pacific Airways is the merchant of record.
- Flight must originate from US, purchase must be made through US Website or US version of merchant mobile app, and transaction must be in USD.
- Excludes the following: (i) purchases in-person at the airport, lounges, and Cathay Shop online, (ii) purchases on-board flights for food, beverage, and WiFi, (iii) standalone hotel bookings and car rentals, (iv) purchases through third parties or affiliated agents, and (v) charges for pet fees, port service fees and animal hold fees, (vi) duty-free pre-flight orders, Marco Polo Club Service Center, air ticket reissuance, flight Insurance, revalidating an air ticket issued by another airline and Asiamiles.com.
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 11/24/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the AMEX offer page (assuming you’ve been targeted for this offer).
Ok, there are a few important things to highlight before I go any further.
- This offer will only work with trips originating in the US.
- This offer will only work if the trip is booked using one of Cathay Pacific’s US booking channels.
- This offer will only work on transactions billed in US Dollars (this will take care of itself as long as you adhere to point #2).
A $300 on a booking costing at least $1,500 represents a saving of up to 20% and if you’re booking Economy Class fares in a sale it should be possible to get pretty close to that maximum rebate.
Also, it’s worth noting that with AMEX offers there are often two versions of the same offer floating around – one which offers a cash credit and the other which offers bonus Membership Rewards points – but unfortunately it looks like there’s only a cash offer available this time.
Make sure you read the terms and conditions of this offer carefully so that you don’t do anything to jeopardize the rebate and make sure you think carefully before choosing which credit card to load the offer to (assuming you’ve been targeted on multiple cards).
I’ve been fortunate in that I’m seeing this offer on most of my American Express cards and that includes my Platinum Card (which earns 5 points/dollar for spending made directly with airlines) – make sure you check which of your targeted cards will give you the best return on flight bookings and load the offer to that card as soon as you can.