Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express is targeting cardholders with two new offers for spending on Rimowa luggage. Holders of Amex’s Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors co-branded credit cards can now earn 10,000 points when they shop with Rimowa through 16 November.
Spend $600 & Earn 10,000 Points With Rimowa
Get 10,000 additional Hilton Honors Bonus Points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $600 in one or more eligible transactions in-store at RIMOWA or online at Rimowa.com by 11/16/2020.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only purchases made with a Hilton Honors American Express Card are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card and does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Hilton Honors/Marriott Bonvoy program account (such as additional cards linked to your Account, as authorized by you, and subject to the terms of the Cardmember Agreement).
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Offer valid in-store and online.
- Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US.
- Excludes Client Care Centers and authorized retailers.
- Excludes repair services including hotel repairs, charges made to hotel room at Rimowa retailers located inside of hotels and Aspen Pop up store.
- An “eligible transaction” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card on or before 11/16/2020.
- Limit of 10,000 additional Hilton Honors/Marriott Bonvoy Points one-time on eligible transactions.
- Bonus Points will be credited to your account within 90 days after 11/16/2020, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
Rimowa is an expensive brand of luggage so spending the $600 required to trigger the 10,000 points bonus is unlikely to be challenging and, as Rimowa is one of the more popular luggage brands amongst frequent flyers, this offer will probably suit quite a few people.
I value Hilton Honors Points at a 0.4 cents and Marriott Bonvoy Points at 0.6 cents each so the effective rebates on offer here are $40 and $60 respectively. That’s hardly spectacular but if you’re in the market for Rimowa luggage that’s better then no rebate at all.
If you’re neutral on whether to collect Hilton Points or Marriott points the math dictates that electing to earn Marirriot points in the way forward. If, however, you get considerably more use out of Hilton Honors points than you do out of Bonvoy Points, the math goes out of the window and choosing the Hilton offer becomes the sensible way to go.
I’m a self-confessed Briggs and Riley fan (B&R luggage is currently on sale) so these are not offers that I’m particularly interested in (and if I buy any more luggage Joanna will almost certainly leave me!) but, for others, these two deals are likely to be appealing. As long as you’re not tempted into making an unnecessary expensive purchase just because you’ve been targeted for one of these offers, they represent a nice (if unspectacular) discount.