Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Earlier I wrote about a couple of targeted offers that have appeared today for savings at five of Hilton’s brands but those aren’t the only good offers that Amex has published today – there’s a pretty nice offer for anyone looking to book a stay at an InterContinental or Kimpton property too.
Save At InterContinental & Kimpton Properties
Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $300+ in one or more transactions on room rate and room charges, after you pay for your stay at InterContinental® & Kimpton® Hotels from 8/2/2021 to 10/18/2021.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid for stays at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts or any Kimpton® Hotel locations in the US.
- Reservations must be made online at ihg.com/intercontinental or kimptonhotels.com, by using the mobile app or by calling 1-888-424-6835 or 1-800-KIMPTON (546-7866).
- Excludes all other IHG brands.
- Excludes international locations outside the US.
- Not valid for purchases at restaurants, gift cards, kimptonstyle.com, or for IHG Rewards Club points purchases.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 10/18/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
I’ve chosen to load this card to my Blue Business Plus® card from American Express because it hasn’t been targeted to any of my other cards that offer a bonus for travel or hotel spending (the 2 points/dollar that the Blue Business Plus card offers me is a better return than I’ll get on any other card – terms apply). If you’ve been targeted, hopefully, you’ll have this offer available on a card like the Amex Green Card which will earn you, amongst other bonuses, 3 points/dollar on travel or, if you’re traveling for business, the American Express® Business Gold Card which can earn you up to 4 points per dollar (terms apply).
As far as the offer itself goes, it’s not bad but it’s not amazing. It’s an improvement on some of the other offers that I’ve seen but it’s a little disappointing that it’s limited to properties in the US – with Americans now welcome in most parts of Europe this offer could have been put to good use at some great properties in places like France, the UK or Italy.
It’s worth remembering that as of last year the InterContinental Ambassador free night benefit can be used at Kimpton properties on any day of the week so if you can pair this offer with that benefit, you could find yourself with a very nice deal on a 2-night stay.
Amex is currently targeting cardholders for savings at InterContinental and Kimpton properties across the United States. The discount is valid through to the middle of October so there’s no immediate hurry to make a booking, but now may be a good time to start researching prices to see if you can lock in any good deals.