Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published.
Air Canada has launched a promotion whereby Aeroplan members can earn up to triple bonus miles on flights on select routes. The actual number of bonus miles you can earn varies on the type of ticket that you purchase but even the lower fare types will earn at least 50% bonus miles.
Aeroplan “Get Bonus Miles On The Fly” Promotion
- Book by November 11, 2017
- Travel by April 30, 2018
- Earn 50% bonus miles, 2 x bonus miles or 3 x bonus miles depending on the fare purchased
- You must be an Aeroplan Member. If you are not an Aeroplan Member, you can visit the Aeroplan web site (www.aeroplan.com) and enroll today. Membership is free.
- Must register between October 12, 2017 and November 11, 2017. A one-time registration is required and can be completed and can be completed online at aircanada.ca
- The Bonus Aeroplan Miles for eligible flights flown will be awarded for new bookings only made between October 12, 2017 and November 11, 2017 by 19:59 Eastern Time inclusively, for travel on select eligible flights between October 12, 2017 and April 30, 2018.
- Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be applied exclusively towards miles earned based on the distance flown as per the fare mileage accrual rule. The class of service bonus miles and miles earned in conjunction with the Altitude Bonus Select Privileges are excluded.
Click for full terms and conditions
Qualify for 50% bonus miles
Passengers must book a “Tango” fare in one of the following booking classes:
Qualify For Double Bonus Miles
Passengers must book a “Flex” fare in one of the following booking classes….
…or a “Latitude” fare in one of the following booking classes:
Qualify For Triple Bonus Miles
Passengers must book a fare in one of the following booking classes:
- Premium Economy Lowest – E or N
- Premium Economy Flexible – O
- Premium rouge J, C, D, Z or P
- Business Class Lowest – Z or P
- Business Class Flexible – J, C, or D
Eligible Routes & Destinations (click images to enlarge)
Canada – USA Routes:
Canada – Central & South America Routes:
Canada – Africa Routes:
Canada – Asia Routes:
Canada – Australia Routes:
Canada – India/Middle East Routes:
Canada – Europe Routes:
Judging by the T&Cs and the wording on the various routes, all flights need to originate in Canada with the exception of routes to/from the United States.
Aeroplan can be a very useful program for Star Alliance redemptions and the website is one of the two ways I search for Star Alliance award availability (very easy to use) so the bonus miles could be very helpful.
Don’t forget that Aeroplan is an American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner so, if you earn some bonus miles but still need a few more to hit an award target, an Amex transfer could be the answer.