Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Aegean Airlines has long been a favorite of miles & points enthusiasts thanks to generous mileage earning rates, an elite status earing structure which makes it reasonably easy to earn Star Alliance Gold status (although it’s not as easy now as it once used to be) and the airline’s tendency to offer very good value fares on its short-haul intra-Europe network.
Now Agean has announced that it’s offering 20% extra award miles “as a gift” on all of its flights through the end of this month.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The offer is valid for one way and return flights operated by Aegean and Olympic Air network.
- Valid for travel from 3 September 2019 through 30 September 2019, regardless of the booking date.
- The extra miles that will be credited refer to award miles in the Miles+Bonus program.
- The extra award miles will be credited to your account along with the miles of your flight, upon the completion of each of your flights and provided that you have entered your Miles+Bonus member ID on each flight.
Aegean’s Standard Mileage Earning Rates
With Aegean being part of the Star Alliance its miles can be used to book travel on a variety of other airlines (like United, Singapore Airlines and SWISS) and there are some very good redemption opportunities thanks to a generous Star Alliance award chart.
Here are some examples for roundtrip travel from the chart above (one-way awards are half the price):
- USA – Europe/Israel in Business Class – 90,000 miles
- USA – Europe in First Class – 120,000 miles
- USA – South Africa in Business Class – 110,000 miles
- Intra-USA in First/Business Class – 42,500 miles
- Europe – Far East in Business Class – 110,000 miles
- Europe – South Africa in Business Class – 110,000 miles
There are some very good deals on that list and there are more if you check the award chart carefully (there are a few good Economy Class options too).
20% more miles may not sound like much but it’s definitely better than nothing and it’s great to see that this promotion does not exclude existing bookings. With Aegean being one of the more pleasant airlines to travel with (in my experience), with its award chart offering multiple great value options, and with the airline still offering miles based on the distance traveled, the bonus miles are just another reason to consider Aegean for your next European flight.